The Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) is a flagship programme funded by the Africa Development Bank (AfDB) as part of the banks Feed Africa Strategy. The focus of the TAAT programme is to build capacities and mechanisms to scale out proven technologies for African agricultural transformation through raising productivity along nine priority intervention areas or commodity value chains across Africa.
High Iron Beans is one of the commodity value chains supported under TAAT. CIAT is the lead implementing partner for the High Iron Bean Compact. The project will be implemented in eight (8) countries of Burundi, DR Congo, Kenya, Malawi, Uganda, Tanzania, and Zimbabwe targeted for large scale deployment of the HIB technologies
The objectives of the inception meeting is to:
– Sensitize partners and understand TAAT programme in general;
– Understand the High Iron Bean (HIB) component of TAAT;
– Explore and seek commitments from potential and relevant partners to deliver HIB component in Kenya;
– Discuss stakeholder involvement, roles and responsibilities; and
– Discuss the overall implementation framework of the HIB workplans for 2018.